Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Beauty Favorites


Wow. March already? It seems like yesterday when I started the quarter, and now I’m studying for finals! Crazy how time flies by so fast when you are in college! (Tip for those who are in high school currently, enjoy every minute of it!) Besides that, here are a few products from those I’ve discovered to those that I’ve rediscovered that I’ve loved during February.

Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey

This stuff is amazing!!! I learned about it last year from Ingrid (aka missglamorazzi) in her September favorites video where she raved about it, so I decided to go out and get it. At first, I didn’t really like the scent of the lip balm because I’m not a big fan of honey-scented lip balms (like Burt’s Bees); however, I got used to the smell. I was like “You know what, Lisa? This stuff is too good to throw away, so get used to the smell!!” This lip balm is the type of lip balm that you only have to apply once and it will keep your lips hydrated for HOURS!!

This is a product that I’ve rediscovered in February, and let me tell you the story behind why.

STORY TIME, BOYS AND GIRLS!

One day, while walking back from class last year, my original Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey slipped out of my jean pocket and rolled away. I kind of had a feeling that it slipped out of my pocket, but I was like “Naw. It’s ok. I won’t even look back and see if it did roll away. If it did, whatever.” I should have looked back. For the next couple of months, my lips were CHAPPED even though I did use other types of lip balms that were not as good as my Nivea lip balm. This month, I bought it again, and now I’m a happy camper. THE END!

Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 30

Because for some reason SoCal decided to be 89 degrees Fahrenheit this month, I’ve barely used foundation. Instead, I’ve been applying only Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer onto my face. Liberally, I might add, because my skin is so sensitive to the sun. It gives the face a healthy glow, which is very appropriate for warm Spring and Summer days, while protecting your skin. Yay for healthy and glowing skin!


To wrap things up, here is my... 

Product of the Month 

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude



I call this the “waterline concealer”. This has become my best friend, especially on days where I’m feeling tired from staying up late the night before studying or blowing bubbles with dish soap in the kitchen with friends (yes, instead of partying on a Saturday night, my friends and I blow bubbles at 1am). I just pop this onto my lower waterline and it covers the slight redness from being tired and instantly makes me look more awake.

This eyeliner really is waterproof. It will not budge!! I would buy it in black too, but I already have a black pencil eyeliner that I would like to use up before I buy a new one. If you currently do not own a black eyeliner, go get this product in black!!!! I cannot believe it is only $4 at Ulta when the quality of it is much better than most expensive black eyeliners. 


Thanks for reading! What have been some of your favorite beauty products of this month?

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment