Sunday, March 3, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Whisper


I have been hearing a lot of things about Maybelline’s Color Whisper collection from numerous people on blogs and in YouTube videos. I was at Ulta the other day, and I decided I would see what the hype was all about, so I picked up one of the Color Whispers in Mocha Muse. Now that I’ve used it for a week now, I can give a proper review of this new craze.





Finish: When I first applied it onto my lips, it had like a wet appearance to it, but not exactly wet like a lip gloss.

Color: Nude, pinky brown. The color is very wearable, perfect for an everyday natural look.

Pigmentation: It gives a slight hint of color, which is exactly what the product claims to do; however, you would have to apply several coats to achieve some color payoff with this shade since it is such a natural shade. I’m sure brighter and bolder colors in the line show more easily on the lips without multiple coats.

Texture: Though it says that it does not include any “heavy waxes”, it does have a slightly waxy texture. This product won’t be moisturizing enough for dry, cold weathers though, but for me, it is moisturizing enough for cool and warm Southern California days. Because of its texture, this product would hold up and not melt if you popped it in your purse and carried it around with you on a hot day.

Longevity: The Color Whisper products do not last very long. If you want the color to be on your lips for a long period of time, you would have to reapply every 1-2 hours. 

Overall Thought: I like the Color Whisper range by Maybelline, especially Mocha Muse. I have been wearing it nonstop every single day so far! It’s wonderful for a college student who is always on the go like me! It is perfect for adding a light hint of color for Spring and Summer. This may be my staple lip product for the next two seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment