Friday, March 15, 2013

Morning Routine


Good morning!

Lately, I’ve been making sure I wake up a tad earlier than usual so I would have time to properly get ready for the day ahead instead of rushing to get my hair washed and end up not washing out all of the conditioner out of my hair.

Here is my morning routine that will get me nice and clean and out the door within 45 minutes max!

1. Shower Time!
I don’t use a very special brand of shampoo and conditioner because those tend to be too expensive for my college budget. Gotta save money when I can! I use Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner. I prefer shampoos and conditioners that provide volume because it’s like a push-up bra for hair, and with my limp hair, I need all of the help I can get!

Once a week, I use Macadamia Deep Repair Mask. This. Product. Smells. Amazing. They need to make an air freshener in this scent because it smells INCREDIBLE!! I got a sample of this at an Ulta event, and I’ve been using it ever since then. I’m debating on whether or not I should buy the actual product when I run out of the sample. Maybe not, because it’s $30 a jar, and like I said before, I’m a college student that has to spend thousands on tuition and books every quarter. Until then, I’m just going to savor the sample!

While I let the mask soak in, I wash my body with Bath & Body Works Paris Amour Shower Gel with this exfoliating sponge that I buy at Bed, Bath & Beyond. The shower gel has a very romantic but not heavy scent to it that I really like. I think I buy products based on their scent too often…

2. Clean Face = Happy Lisa!
After I’ve gotten out of the shower, dry off, and wrap my wet hair in a towel, it’s time to exfoliate my face! For YEARS now, I’ve been using St. Ive’s Invigorating Apricot Scrub. It’s nothing fancy that you would get at Lush; it’s actually very inexpensive. The thing that I like about it is that it works. As you are scrubbing your face, you can feel yourself scrubbing away any nastiness on your face. I’ve gone through SOOOO many tubes of this product! I don’t think beauty gurus talk about this product enough!

Then, I use Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner with a cotton pad once I’ve rinsed and dried my face. Another inexpensive and amazing product! After using it a few times, I noticed that my pores were smaller than before! What makes this toner wonderful is something that it doesn’t have: alcohol. Toners with alcohol strip away the natural oils of your face and can actually do damage to your face rather than clean it.

To finish off, I usually moisturize with Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 30.


What's your morning routine? Comment below telling me what products you like to use to start your day :)

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment