Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Nivea Lip Butter


I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

I have been looking for these EVERYWHERE for months now, and they finally have it at a local Target store! I bought it in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss for about $3. 



Packaging: I love the packaging, but at the same time, I hate it. Love it because I think it is so adorable. I love the matte finish of the tin; it reminds me of an old-fashioned product. Hate it because in general, I don’t really like lip products where I would have to use my finger to apply the product onto my lips. If your finger is not 100% clean, outside substances can get onto the product, making it look dirty. Also, there is always a bit of product on your finger after you apply it, leaving you to wipe the remains on some random surface.

Scent: This lip butter smells INCREDIBLE. I wish technology was advanced enough for me to somehow send the smell to you through my blog. It smells like a rich vanilla custard or crème with a hint of nuttiness. Absolutely delectable.

Texture: The texture of this product is like the texture of butter that has been taken out of the fridge 10 minutes ago. It’s not soft enough for you to make a dent in it when you touch it. You would have to swirl your finger around it a bit to get enough product to put on your lips.

Quality: Because it’s described as a lip butter, I was hoping it would be incredibly moisturizing; however, it’s not. It does moisturize your lips a bit, but because it is a tad waxy, it does not moisturize your lips for a long period of time, especially if the weather outside is cold and dry. Possibly, during the summer time, the amount of moisture this product provides is enough, but of course, that depends on what the climate is like where you live.

Overall: The Nivea Lip Butters are good, but not craze worthy. The only great thing about it is that it smells unbelievably incredible. There are better lip butters out there, but they are much more expensive than the Nivea Lip Butters. If you are looking for an inexpensive lip butter, than you should try this and see if it works well for you. 


Thanks for reading!

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment